[PVE-User] Local interface on Promox server

Adnan RIHAN axel50397 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 15:20:44 CET 2018

Hi there,

I’m using Proxmox for years on a remote server, and have recently
installed it in my company (so, in the same LAN).

In our server room, we have 2 servers (both Proxmox) and 2 Synology
NAS, all these servers can only be managed by another client using a
web browser. We don’t have any client machine in the server room, so
when we fix something in the room (cables, routing, etc…), we need to
go out and check the VMs on another machine outside the room,
sometimes making us come back, etc…

I know VMs can be controlled by command line using qemu, but is there
another way to locally control the machines on the Proxmox server,
except by installing a desktop manager and pointing the web browser on
localhost:8006? Is it even safe to do that?

We have a KVM in our bay, we can physically access the machines, is
there maybe a way to physically be connected to a VM (as if we were
physically connected to a Windows VM for instance)?

Thanks for your help.
--
Regards, Adnan RIHAN

GPG: 5675-62BA (https://keybase.io/max13/key.asc)
⇒ If you are not using GPG/PGP but want to send me an encrypted
e-mail: https://encrypt.to/0x567562BA.