[PVE-User] [SOLVED] dual port cross over cable bonding

Adam Weremczuk adamw at matrixscience.com
Fri Oct 5 17:41:25 CEST 2018

The bond operates in 2 gigabit mode:

ethtool bond1
(...)
     Speed: 2000Mb/s
     Duplex: Full
(...)

My working config (will play with it a bit more):

auto bond1
iface bond1 inet static
     slaves ens1f0 ens1f1
     address 192.168.200.1
     netmask 255.255.255.252
     bond_miimon 100
     bond_mode balance-rr
     bond_xmit_hash_policy layer3+4

I've done a simple some performance test - copied a file over ssh (which
adds own overhead).

90-100 MB/s over a single link and 150-160MB/s over a dual bond.

So it's definitely working and making a substantial difference.

Unplugging one cable doesn't break the transfer; speed temporarily
decreases but then goes up again after cable is reinserted.