[PVE-User] VM encryption and high availability

Alex Chekholko alex at calicolabs.com
Fri Oct 5 19:35:47 CEST 2018

Hi,

I obviously have not tried it, but if you compile a pre-release version of
ZFS on Linux with the encryption support, then from the point of view of
PVE it should be a regular ZFS pool with regular zvols and the encryption
key will only be in the memory of your PVE server and the owner of the
iscsi storage will not be able to decrypt the data.

slightly out of date example:
https://blog.heckel.xyz/2017/01/08/zfs-encryption-openzfs-zfs-on-linux/

I think you'd start with compiling the 0.8.0 rc1:
https://github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/tree/zfs-0.8.0-rc1

Regards,
Alex