[PVE-User] In-place upgrade and clusters...

Mark Schouten mark at tuxis.nl
Wed Sep 5 16:54:25 CEST 2018

On Wed, 2018-09-05 at 16:20 +0200, Marco Gaiarin wrote:
> So, probably the best upgrade path will be:
>
> 1) move all the VMs/CTs out of a node (or, if possible, stop them).
>
> 2) upgrade the node from 4.X to 5.X, reboot (repeat as needed)
>
> 3) move all the VMs/CTs in a node to the upgraded node(s), repeat
> step
>   2).

Yes. That works for me. But beware that you need to upgrade Ceph first
(if used) and not to reboot in between. Because otherwise you end up
with mon's and osd's of different versions in the same cluster, which
is unsupported.

--
Kerio Operator in de Cloud? https://www.kerioindecloud.nl/
Mark Schouten  | Tuxis Internet Engineering
T: 0318 200208 | info at tuxis.nl