[PVE-User] Proxmox upgrade 4 - 5

John Crisp jcrisp at safeandsoundit.co.uk
Mon Sep 10 10:49:42 CEST 2018

I have been critical of some things in the past with Proxmox, so to be
even handed I thought I'd just drop a note to say over the weekend I did
2 in place upgrades from v4 -> v5

Both went pretty well as smooth as silk, the only issue being that on
one of them the old boot partition didn't have enough room for a new
kernel and the dist-upgrade failed when trying to regenerate initramfs.
(it was originally a V3 upgraded to v4) Slightly scary minutes.....

Perhaps a note on the wiki to say check for space before upgrading older
systems would be helpful (assuming you have an older system with this)

Beyond that, thank you for making the transition so easy.

B. Rgds
John Crisp