[PVE-User] Restore VM Backup in new HDD with new size...

Gilberto Nunes gilberto.nunes32 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 11:18:06 CET 2019

Hi list

I have here a VM with has directly attached 2 HDD disk, each one has 1 TB
of size.
I had make a bacup an the final vma file has 95GB. I know this is
compressed.
My question in:
Is there a way to restore this VM backup but create a virtual HDD with less
size than the original disks??
I meant, restore a VM which has 1 TB of HDD to a VM which a new HDD with
200 GB for instance.
My problem here is that I need to release this 2 physical HDD. This 2 HDD
has a CentOS 7 installed, with LVM! I tried clonezilla but doesn't work.

Thanks for any help

Best
---
Gilberto Nunes Ferreira