[PVE-User] Overwhelming Migration to EC2

Zhuoyun Wei wzyboy at wzyboy.org
Tue Feb 19 07:42:21 CET 2019

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019, at 15:24, John C. Reid wrote:
> imports from RAW into EC2 fail if coming from KVM because of the kernel.

May I ask what does "because of the kernel" mean? I had been recently migrating from Citrix XenServer to Proxmox VE, and had encountered problems that the migrated VMs could not boot. The cause was that SCSI driver was not included in the initramfs. If you have the same problem, try generating a "generic" initramfs that boots on any host, instead of an "optimized" one that boots only specific hardware.

For Arch Linux, you need to modify mkinitcpio.conf and remove "autodetect" option, before regenerating the initramfs.

For CentOS, you could install "dracut-config-generic", before regenerating initramfs.

For other distros, similar modifications applies.

--
Zhuoyun Wei