[PVE-User] Shared storage recommendations

Frederic Van Espen frederic.ve at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 18:22:04 CET 2019

Hi,

We're designing a new datacenter network where we will run proxmox nodes on
about 30 servers. Of course, shared storage is a part of the design.

What kind of shared storage would anyone recommend based on their
experience and what kind of network equipment would be essential in that
design? Let's assume for a bit that budget is not constrained too much. We
should be able to afford a vendor specific iSCSI device, or be able to
implement an open source solution like Ceph.

Concerning storage space and IOPS requirements, we're very modest in the
current setup (about 13TB storage space used, very modest IOPS, about 6500
write IOPS and 4200 read IOPS currently distributed in the whole network
according to the prometheus monitoring).

Key in the whole setup is day to day maintainability and scalability.

Cheers,

Frederic