[PVE-User] Is there a way to permit to start up VMs when no quorum?

Denis Morejon denis.morejon at etecsa.cu
Mon Jan 7 18:11:35 CET 2019

Hi:

(1)

I don't know the idea behind keeping a VM from starting up when no
quorum. It has been maybe, since my point of view, the worst of managing
Proxmox cluster, because the stability of services (VM up and running)
had to be first (before the sync of information, for instance).

Is there a way to bypass this and permit to start up a VM even on no quorum?

(2)

I read that Proxmox supports just 30 (more less) nodes in a cluster. I
supose that it's due to the multi-master scheme on ALL nodes. Other
solutions like Open Nebula (For instance) has a central database and it
facilitates to grow up. Even a multi-master scheme, in which not all
nodes take plase, would be better to Proxmox so that It could be
scalable to hundreds of nodes.

Is there a vision on that?

Thanks in advance!