[PVE-User] [pve-devel] Proxmox VE 6.0 beta released!

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Fri Jul 5 10:34:08 CEST 2019

Hi,

On 7/5/19 9:32 AM, mj wrote:
> Looks like a great new release!
>
> Does corosync 3.0 mean that the notes on [https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Multicast_notes] are no longer relevant?

We will update the documentation and wiki articles regarding this in
the following days, until the final PVE 6 release it should be ready.

> Anything else/new to consider/check to make sure that kronosnet will work nicely?

Ports stayed the same, communication is udp unicast per default,
our firewall has now better default allow rules for the cluster
networks used, so no, normally not to much special handling should
be needed.

Note: multicast may not be gone forever, kronosnet has some plans
to add support for it, but that may need quite a bit of time, and
even then we will try to keep support for the unicast kronosnet
transport, if possible.

cheers,
Thomas