[PVE-User] Proxmox VE 6.0 released!

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Wed Jul 17 14:45:57 CEST 2019

On 7/16/19 5:37 PM, Alain péan wrote:
> I shall indeed test carefully on a test cluster. But the problem is that I have one still in filestore, and the other in bluestore, so perhaps, I shall have to migrate all to bluestore in a first step...

You can still use Filestore backed Clusters, you cannot use our
tooling to add new Filestore backed OSDs (but you could use ceph-volume
for that), see:

https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/chapter-pveceph.html#_ceph_filestore

So there's no direct immediate need to upgrade them, although I'd
setup new OSDs with bluestore, as this will be more future proof.

cheers,
Thomas