[PVE-User] adding ceph osd nodes

Alwin Antreich a.antreich at proxmox.com
Wed Jul 17 14:47:45 CEST 2019

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 12:47:32PM +0200, mj wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are running a three-node licensed hyper-converged proxmox cluster with
> ceph storage.
>
> Question: is it possible to add some extra ceph OSD storage nodes, without
> proxmox virtualisation, and thus without the need to purchase additional
> proxmox licenses?
I like to add, though not explicitly asked. While it is technically
possible, the cluster will lose its enterprise support. As Ceph is under
support on Proxmox VE nodes too.

Better split out Ceph to a separate cluster and use the Proxmox VE nodes
as clients. To keep the Ceph client and cluster package versions close
together, you could use Proxmox VE without subscription for the separate
Ceph cluster.

--
Cheers,
Alwin