[PVE-User] Help on setting up cloud server!

Ronny Aasen ronny+pve-user at aasen.cx
Mon Jul 22 12:35:41 CEST 2019

you can use RBD image for nextcloud data as well. but you must either
limit yourself to a single nexcloud server since there is no shared data
between the servers.
OR use a cluster aware filesystem on top of the shared RBD image,
something like ocfs, gfs.

in order to mount cephfs on the nextcloud vm, the vm must be able to
talk to the whole public ceph network. either via a router, or have an
interface in that network.

then you can mount cephs on the vm using the kernel
http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/cephfs/kernel/

or using fuse
http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/cephfs/fuse/

generally fuse have a newer version so supports more features, but i
think kernel have better performance.

good luck
Ronny