[PVE-User] Unable to provision a virtual machine on local storage by cloning a template from a shared storage

Gianni Milo gianni.milo22 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 14:35:37 CEST 2019

> We want to be able to clone a template from a shared storage to a local
> storage on the node. I don’t see why that would not be technically
> possible, it is just copying one file from one disk to another.

When you right click on the "template -> clone" and you choose "mode:full
clone", it gives you the option to select the "target storage" and the
"target node".
You can choose for example as "target storage:Local LVM" and as target
node: the node you want to clone this VM to. Is this what you want to
achieve ?
You cannot choose a different target storage other than the source, when
the selected mode is "linked clone".

Gianni