[PVE-User] grub-install error: unknown filesystem, won't boot anymore

arjenvanweelden at gmail.com arjenvanweelden at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 11:05:28 CET 2019

On Mon, 2019-03-18 at 10:35 +0100, Wolfgang Link wrote:
> Hi Arjen,
>
> thanks for this information.
>
> We update the wiki with your information.

You're welcome. Thank you for responding and changing the Wiki. An
unbootable rpool can be a rather unexpected surprise.

I now have an rpool (that does not boot because of large dnodesize),
and a tpool (dnodesize=legacy, taken from a fresh installation).

Grub boots the kernel from tpool/ROOT/pve-1, which then mounts rpool.
This works but it would be nice to remove this work-around.

Would rsyncing from rpool/ROOT/pve-1 to tpool/ROOT/pve-1 and renaming
tpool to rpool be sufficient to get a booting and working rpool?

Best regards, Arjen