[PVE-User] UEFI - Proxmox

Alain Péan alain.pean at c2n.upsaclay.fr
Thu Mar 21 16:16:45 CET 2019

Le 21/03/2019 à 09:16, lord_Niedzwiedz a écrit :
> A heave only UEFI bios in serwer.
>
> How I make start Proxmox ?
>
> I install it, but Proxmox not start  ;-/
>
> Any ideas ?

I am using UEFI with newer servers. It works without problem. For
example, I have the boot/efi partition :
# cat /etc/fstab
/dev/pve/root / ext4 errors=remount-ro 0 1
UUID=CF7B-601B /boot/efi vfat defaults 0 1
/dev/pve/swap none swap sw 0 0
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0

With usual servers (I have Dell ones), you have the choice in the BIOS
between lagacy BIOS or UEFI. Just choose UEFI, then boot with the last
proxmox ve iso. If you don't have the choice, only UEEFI, just boot the
iso and proceed with the installation, which is largely automated.

Alain

--
Administrateur Système/Réseau
C2N Centre de Nanosciences et Nanotechnologies (UMR 9001)