[PVE-User] CPU Pinning...

Josh Knight josh at noobbox.com
Tue Feb 4 22:36:18 CET 2020

One method I came across was from this random github script. I haven't
actually tried it, so the script itself may not work on Proxmox 6.

https://gist.github.com/ayufan/37be5c0b8fd26113a8be

Essentially it's using `qm monitor <vmid>` to run the `info cpus` command
to obtain the PIDs of the vCPU for the VM.  Then using linux `taskset` to
pin those to specific CPUs. This should work for manually setting up a VM
each time it boots.

I wish that proxmox would add this to its UI, this was actually one of the
factors in leaving some of our hosts running Ubuntu. It's pretty easy to do
vCPU pinning with libvirt.

Josh