[PVE-User] setting storage layout at install time

proxmox-user at mattern.org proxmox-user at mattern.org
Tue Feb 25 20:03:03 CET 2020

Hi,

imho you should use a Debian Buster install CD and create a layout
whatever you want. The Debian installer is really flexible. You can't do
LVM Thin there but a LVM-Thin Pool is only a special LVM LV. So you can
create two LVs and convert one LV to a Thin-Pool later
(https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Storage:_LVM_Thin). Or create two VGs.

Then go on with:
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Install_Proxmox_VE_on_Debian_Buster.

Regards