[PVE-User] Renamed node, now WebUI partly not working

Uwe Sauter uwe.sauter.de at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 21:37:31 CET 2020

Hi all,

today I create some kind of a mess.

TL;DR
I added one node with the wrong hostname to an existing cluster, tried to rename the node, now some parts of the WebUI
don't work anymore. Any thoughts?

I have a 3 node cluster with up-to-date software and added a fourth and fifth node. By accident, the fourth node had a
wrong hostname. I tried to rename it by following [1] but forgot to increment totem {config_version}.

Now on the WebUI -> Server View -> Datacenter -> <node> -> Summary page, the inlined status panel shows "communication
failure".
If I try to migrate a VM to another node the drop down list for target node selection is empty (also when trying to do
bulk migration).

Any idea what I did wrong and how to repair the cluster?

Thanks,

	Uwe

[1] https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Renaming_a_PVE_node