[PVE-User] VxLAN and tagged frames

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Fri Jan 24 11:06:58 CET 2020

>Arf. ifupdown2 seems to be needed for vxlan interfaces to be setup.
yes, ifupdown2 is needed.

>>But it somehow breaks my ARP proxy setup on the WAN interface.
>>Not sure why, everything seems to be correctly setup, but the host doesn't answer to ARP requests anymore. And everything is back to normal as soon as I revert to classic ifupdown.
>>I'll try to look at this a bit later, when I more some spare time.

I'm not sure, but maybe you can try to add

iface WAN
   arp-accept on

About vlan brige->vxlan, I have done some tests again with last kernel, it seem than 1 vlanaware bridge + 1 vxlan tunnel (tunnel_mode) is still broken,
So the only possible way to 1 vlanawarebridge + multiple vxlan tunnel.

This can be done easily with ifupdown2 like this:

%for v in range(1010,1021):
auto vxlan${v}
iface vxlan${v}
        vxlan-id ${v}
        bridge-access ${v}
        vxlan_remoteip 192.168.0.2
        vxlan_remoteip 192.168.0.3
%endfor

auto vmbr2
iface vmbr2 inet manual
        bridge_ports glob vxlan1010-1020
        bridge_stp off
        bridge_fd 0
        bridge-vlan-aware yes
        bridge-vids 2-4094

This will map vlan1010-1020  to vxlan1010-1020.
the vxlan interfaces are create with a template in a loop

I have tested it, it's working fine.