[PVE-User] Installation a VM at proxmox

Fabian Grünbichler f.gruenbichler at proxmox.com
Wed Mar 4 07:28:45 CET 2020

On March 3, 2020 9:14 pm, Mechtilde wrote:
> I can also use the dialog to create a VM and connect it to the *.iso.
>
> After that I get the message "Failled to connect to server and the
> splash screen for noVNC.

did the VM actually start? you should have a visual indication of that
in the left side tree (instead of the greyed out, inactive icon there
should be an active icon with a small 'play symbol' overlayed), and in
the VM view itself (after you selected the VM in the left-side tree) the
summary should say 'running' instead of 'stopped'.

you can also check by running "qm list" or "qm status <VMID>" on the
CLI.

> The status message is: "Failed to run vncproxy."

this message usually occurs when the VM is not running.