[PVE-User] KVM hardware Motherboard and CPU

guy guy at britewhite.net
Thu Jan 15 21:41:25 CET 2009

Hello,

I've been using proxmox for a few months now and very impressed with
it.  I'm now trying to build some more servers.  I have an ASUS, P5E-
VM DO motherboard and a Q8000 Intel 2 quad core CPU.

In the BIOS (version 0803) I found vt-d which I can enable but I'm not
able to run KVM.

No matter what I try I'm not able to get KVM working.

  Does any one have any ideas on how I might be able to make this
work?  Is there a third party BIOS which I could install which would
allow it? or am I missing a very basic option in the BIOS?

Any and all suggestions welcome.

Otherwise can people suggest motherboard/CPU pairs which do work? I
need quad core and it needs to fit in a 1U ATX chassis.

Thanks
--Guy