Central Web-based Management
Proxmox VE is simple. There is no need to install a separate management tool, everything can be done via your web browser (Latest Firefox and Google Chrome is preferred, also IE works). To access VM/CT console, a built in HTML5 console is used. As alternative, a Java browser plugin or SPICE can be used.
The web interface can be reached via https://youripaddress:8006 (default login is: root, the password is specified during the installation).
As we use Proxmox Cluster file system (pmxcfs),you can connect to any node to manage the whole cluster. There is no single master any more.
- Seamless integration and management of Proxmox VE 4.x Cluster
- AJAX technologies for dynamic updates of resources
- Secure access to all Virtual Machines and Containers via SSL encryption (https)
- Fast search-driven interface, capable of handling hundreds and probably thousands of VM´s
- Secure HTML5 console (alternative: Java console or SPICE
- Role based permission management for all objects (VM´s, storages, nodes, etc.)
- Support for multiple authentication sources (e.g. local, MS ADS, LDAP, ...)
- Two-Factor Authentication