Central Web-based Management
Proxmox VE is simple. There is no need to install a separate management tool, everything can be done via your web browser (Latest Firefox and Google Chrome is preferred, also IE works). To access VM/CT console, a built in HTML5 console is used. As alternative, SPICE can be used.
The web interface can be reached via https://youripaddress:8006 (default login is: root, the password is specified during the installation).
As we use Proxmox Cluster file system (pmxcfs),you can connect to any node to manage the whole cluster. There is no single master any more.
To use the Central Web-based Management, you need a modern browser, this includes:
- Firefox, a release from the current year, or the latest Enterprise Support Release
- Chrome, a release from the current year
- The Microsoft currently supported versions of Internet Explorer (as of 2016, this means IE 11 or IE Edge)
- the Apple currently supported versions of Safari (as of 2016, this means Safari 9)
If Proxmox VE detect you're connecting from a mobile device, you will redirected to a light weight touch based UI.
- Seamless integration and management of Proxmox VE 4.x Cluster
- AJAX technologies for dynamic updates of resources
- Secure access to all Virtual Machines and Containers via SSL encryption (https)
- Fast search-driven interface, capable of handling hundreds and probably thousands of VM´s
- Secure HTML5 console or SPICE
- Role based permission management for all objects (VM´s, storages, nodes, etc.)
- Support for multiple authentication sources (e.g. local, MS ADS, LDAP, ...)
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Proxmox VE Firewall