[pve-devel] Sheepdog problems

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Wed Aug 1 07:49:50 CEST 2012

The sheepdog developers thinks that it is a good idea to unconditionally start recovery/rebalance cluster data as soon as one nodes joins/leave.

That basically means that you fully utilize your network during a node reboot, doing
totally unnecessary data movements.

Second, they think they do not need automatic cleanup until you run 'collie cluster cleanup' manually.

One the sheepdog lists it seems that I am the only one concerned about that.

For me this make sheepdog quite unusable for pve?

Any opinions on that?

- Dietmar