[pve-devel] qemu-server : livemigrate, first try to correct bug #217

Alexandre Derumier aderumier at odiso.com
Mon Aug 13 16:41:10 CEST 2012

This is a first try to correct bug #217.

the main idea is to always the config file on the host when the kvm process is in running state
(so access to disk).
So we can use vncterm, having stats,... on the source vm during the migration process.
And we can abort the migration process. (A failed migration shouldn't stop the source vm)

So starting the target vm with -S, doing live migrate, move the config file and resume the target vm.

If fail occur before the end of the live migration no problem, the source vm continue to run and target vm die by itself.

if fail occur after the end of the live migration (worst case), but before the move of the file, we have a lost kvm process on the target, but it can't do nothing as it's in freeze mode.

If fail occur after the move of conf file, but before the resume of the vm, the vm is display in pve-manager, so user can resume it manually.