[pve-devel] Copy from snapshot

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Tue Apr 30 10:13:15 CEST 2013

> >>It currently requires the "--full" parameter. Do you think we can conditionally
> clone if the feature is available (else we simply do a full copy)?
>
> "Do you think we can conditionally clone"
>
> Do you mean linked  clone ?

Yes, 'linked clone'. I will try to use this wording in future.

> I think only full copy is enough, It'll be difficult to manage the parent-child
> relationship without base-xxx name.

Ah, OK.

So what for is that check in your patches? Can't we always create a full clone from snapshot?

Or maybe you forgot to pass the $running parameter there?

+			die "clonemode $clonemode feature is not available" if !PVE::QemuServer::has_feature($clonemode, $parentconf, $storecfg, $snapname);