[pve-devel] template considerations

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Mon Jan 28 09:27:17 CET 2013

> >>Seems that both sheedpdog and RBD LS returns information about parent
> >>(base).
> >>
> >>For Nexenta we already call get_zvol_props(), so we also have that
> >>info.
> >>
> >>For LVM we can use --options '...,origin' to list the base image.
> >>
> >>So we just need to implement a cache for directory based storage
> >>types.
> >>
> >>@Alexandre: is my assumption correct?
>
> Yes.
>
> Don't known for lvm, but for other storage (rbd,sheepdog,nexenta) it's
> already implemented in pve-storage (see sheepdog_ls, rbd_ls,...)

I was not aware of that, but it seems it is also implemented for directory storage.
We currently call file_size_info() for each file in PVE::Plugin::list_images().

So we do not need to implement any caching, because current approach seem to
work without problems.

So using a special volume name for cloned images should work without problems.