[pve-devel] proxmox : idea for storage replication feature for disaster recovery

Michael Rasmussen mir at datanom.net
Fri Jan 3 17:34:47 CET 2014

On Fri, 03 Jan 2014 17:15:10 +0100 (CET)
Alexandre DERUMIER <aderumier at odiso.com> wrote:

> So, maybe is possible to add some apis in pve-storage ? or extend current backup.
>
> What do you think about it ? (I known it's a lot of work)

Indeed a lot of work but even more work in testing;-) I would like to
participate but I recommend that this feature should be destined for
proxmox 4.5 or 5.0 due to the immense work and also because must of
the storage solution mentioned are fairly new and needs some time to
mature.

An idea could be to implement it as a plugin feature to the existing
storage plugins in which case the current code base only needs to be
extended with the proper interface which, given a storage plugin
supports it, needs to add the implementation.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
Time is nature's way of making sure that everything doesn't happen at
once.

Space is nature's way of making sure that everything doesn't happen to
you.