[pve-devel] firewall : cluster.fw [rules] section ?

Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG s.priebe at profihost.ag
Fri Jul 4 11:07:38 CEST 2014

Am 04.07.2014 11:03, schrieb Alexandre DERUMIER:
>>> Main problem is that iptables is only layer3. What about layer2 IP / mac
>>> spoofing?
>
> yes, mac filtering need to be done like currently, in tapchain.
>

> (layer2 IP ????)

Sorry i just meant mac spoofing.

We should have ebtables rules like these:
# Drop packets that don't match the network's MAC Address
-s ! <mac_address>/ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:0 -o <tap_device> -j DROP
# Prevent MAC spoofing
-s ! <mac_address> -i <tap_device> -j DROP

Then we should filter non arp, IPv4 and IPv6 traffic in ebtables to
prevent other crazy packets.

Grüße
Stefan