[pve-devel] bridge on top of bridge?

Andrew Thrift andrew at networklabs.co.nz
Sun Feb 15 23:28:54 CET 2015

Hi Stefan,

We use bonded 10gigabit, our config is below.

Note eth0 and eth1 are not used.

We put customer VM's inside the relevant vmbr and tag them with a vlan.
So say they are on vmbr0 and we set the vlan in PVE to 55 they would have
an outer tag of 101 and an inner tag of 55.

This works very nicely.

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet manual

auto eth1
iface eth1 inet manual

auto eth2
iface eth2 inet manual
#post-up for i in rx tx sg tso gso gro; do ethtool -K $IFACE $i off; done

auto eth3
iface eth3 inet manual
#post-up for i in rx tx sg tso gso gro; do ethtool -K $IFACE $i off; done

auto bond0
iface bond0 inet manual
        # bonding confuration
        bond_mode 802.3ad