[pve-devel] Sparse clone/move over a thin LVM ?

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Thu Jul 28 06:52:39 CEST 2016

>>Why not fix qemu-img instead?

This is strange, I am pretty sure that qemu-img was skipping zero writes

           "  '-S' indicates the consecutive number of bytes (defaults to 4k) that must\n"
           "       contain only zeros for qemu-img to create a sparse image during\n"
           "       conversion. If the number of bytes is 0, the source will not be scanned for\n"
           "       unallocated or zero sectors, and the destination image will always be\n"
           "       fully allocated\n"

it should be sparse by default, until we setup "-S 0"