[pve-devel] [RFC container 1/2] fix #1147: allow marking non-volume mps as shared

Fabian Grünbichler f.gruenbichler at proxmox.com
Tue Oct 11 10:32:48 CEST 2016

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 08:24:24AM +0200, Fabian Grünbichler wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 07:11:45AM +0200, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
> > > On October 10, 2016 at 1:04 PM Fabian Grünbichler <f.gruenbichler at proxmox.com>
> > > wrote:
> > >

> > > this introduces two new options for non-volume mount points,
> > > modeled after the way we define 'shared' storages:
> > > - boolean flag 'shared': marks a mount point as available on
> > >   other nodes (default: false)
> > > - pve-node-list 'nodes': limits the 'shared' parameter to
> > >   specific nodes (default: no limit / all nodes)
> >
> > Is it really worth to add a node list for each mount point? I wonder
> > if we can have a node list per guest instead?
>
> Would also be an option - less fine grained, but also less clutter and
> less work to set up. I'll wait or some more feed back (also regarding
> the naming) and then send a v2, unless a better option comes up.

So after some more discussion the current proposal would be to drop the
'nodes' property to reduce cluttering, but leave the 'shared' flag as it
is in v1 of the patch.

Unless there is a real use case for limited sharing of non-volume mps?

Note that for the HA case, you can already limit the whole CT resource
with a restricted HA group, and for the manual case, you select the
target node anyway.