[pve-devel] pve api offline during log rotation

Caspar Smit casparsmit at supernas.eu
Thu Nov 9 14:09:32 CET 2017

Hi,

If i look into the /etc/init.d/pveproxy script you will see that a
'restart' (and reload for that matter) does a: $DAEMON restart

Where $DAEMON=/usr/bin/pveproxy

So basically a "/etc/init.d/pveproxy restart (or reload)" should do a
"/usr/bin/pveproxy restart"

Or is the init.d script skipped because the systemd wrapper picks it up as
"systemctl restart pveproxy" ? (it looks that way:)

# /etc/init.d/pveproxy restart
[ ok ] Restarting pveproxy (via systemctl): pveproxy.service.

Kind regards,
Caspar