[PVE-User] PVE + software raid - boot process

Pongracz Istvan pongracz.istvan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 17:47:28 CET 2008

2008. 11. 7, péntek keltezéssel 17.10-kor Gregor Perner ezt írta:
> Hi List!

> Also some information about the environment where the official-releases
> are built are useful.

Hi,

I also stuck at this point: qemu manual, when I tried to build all the
stuff.

After I turned to modify only the existing initrd to fit my needs.
Looking back, it was quite easy.

My opinion, it would be nice to consider to support software raid.
I will check the install process somewhere in the source and make a
plan, how to achieve this.

Probably the very short process should be:
if there are two hard disks with the same capacity, the installer
provide an option to create raid1 top of the disks and making lvm on top
of raid arrays.

Kind regards,
István
--