[PVE-User] Web interface questions

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Thu Nov 20 08:36:09 CET 2008

> 1) I would like to extend the time before the web interface requires
me
> to log in again...

see lib/PVE/AuthCookieHandler.pm

my $cookie_timeout = 2400; # seconds

> 2)I notice that when I download a template from the OpenVZ template
> site....and place it in '/var/lib/vz/template/cache' there is no
> description available on the 'local' tab under Appliance Templates...I
> would like to add some descriptions...where are the descriptions being
> kept?

The file:

/var/lib/pve-manager/apl-available

is downloaded from our server daily, so you cannot edit it.

But, we are currently working on a system to allow appliance
repositories (like apt for debian packages). You will then be able
to setup your own local repository.

- Dietmar