[PVE-User] Proxmox and DRBD

Pongracz Istvan pongracz.istvan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 13:09:14 CEST 2008

2008. 10. 6, hétfő keltezéssel 11.45-kor Berlakovich Jo. ezt írta:

> Will it be possible in V1.0 of Proxmox-VE to build a Proxmox-VE
> Cluster that uses a shared storage, so that all Servers can access the
> same VM's?

Hi,

Please do not forget, a drbd volume (resource) could be only active on
one node.
For example if you have /dev/drbd0 mounted as /mnt/share1 (ext3), it can
be mounted only in one node, the other will not be able to access it.

You need to create two drbd volumes and make them cross-accessible.
But in this case, you cannot share the same drbd resource.

Martin:
> Currently we see no need to use a Cluster file system on Proxmox VE –
why do you want to have such a complex file system?

For example to make sure, if one hardware node failed, all services will
be gathered by an other node immediately.
This thing also is in my target-list, to make sure, if a node goes down
due to a hardware problem, VMs are on it would start on an other node.

I know, there are several other ways to achieve that, I am still
thinking around this.

Cheers,
IStván

--