[PVE-User] Notes on Proxmox VE 1.0 release

Andrew Niemantsverdriet andrew at rocky.edu
Thu Oct 30 15:01:32 CET 2008

Hi,
On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 5:23 PM, Scott Dowdle <dowdle at montanalinux.org>wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Live migration of OpenVZ containers - Seems to be spotty.  Sometimes live
> migration would work, sometimes it wouldn't.  When a live migration failed
> it did so without fault... and the container just continued to run on the
> physical host it was on. Offline migration worked 100% of the time.
>
> Live migration of a KVM machine worked fine... but so far I've only tested
> it once.

Another thing that Scott and I talked about was it would be nice to see some
sort of progress on the migration screen. Maybe some sort of pop-up that
showed you how the migration was going.

I am also interested in what conditions cause OpenVZ machines to fail to
live migrate? With stock OpenVZ I have not had an issue, also on PVE I have
not had an issue I migrated about 9 OpenVZ containers yesterday on PVE and
not one failed. So can anybody shed some light on this?

Dietmar, does KVM suffer from the same bug at all?

Thanks,
--
_
/-\ ndrew Niemantsverdriet