[PVE-User] IGB Intel Drivers

Andrew Niemantsverdriet andrew at rocky.edu
Fri Jun 12 17:52:09 CEST 2009

We just got a new server. It has an Intel PRO 1000 VT Quad Port card
and two Intel on-board NIC's. The quad port card can only use one port
all other ports are reported as not connected according to ethtool,
the on-board cards barely work ethtool does not know what speed they
are connected at or if they are connected at all, however you can pass
some traffic over them with packet loss. I believe the issue is with
drivers new servers with Intel based chipsets are using the IGB
drivers (http://downloadcenter.intel.com/detail_desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=13663).
I am attempting to compile the drivers myself right now but would like
to see the drivers integrated into Proxmox in the future just because
a lot of servers run Intel cards. Is this possible?

Thanks,

--
 _
/-\ ndrew Niemantsverdriet