[PVE-User] Problems booting PVE from USB Disk Drive

ano-639d60e3 at enterto.com ano-639d60e3 at enterto.com
Sat Jun 13 08:35:37 CEST 2009

Thanks for your reply, Dietmar.  The boot fails because it is unable to mount
/dev/mapper/pve-root.  proxdebug got me to a shell and once there I was able to
determine that the logical volumes pve-root, pve-data and pve-swap were not
active.  I manually activated them via vgchange -ay and the boot continued to
completion.

Any idea what is causing these LVs to not be activated during the standard boot
process?

On Fri 06/12/09 12:59 AM , 'Dietmar Maurer'  sent: