[PVE-User] Unable to port forward to containers from externalIPs (but can access containers from the Host Node)

ano-639d60e3 at enterto.com ano-639d60e3 at enterto.com
Sat May 23 08:43:08 CEST 2009

Thanks Dietmar.  I appreciate the info.  I dug deeper and got port forwarding up
and running.

I'd be happy to write this up for the wiki but need to know for sure which
module(s) in particular was preventing port forwarding from working and why.  Or
perhaps they all are either pre-installed with ProxMox or otherwise unnecessary.

Also, the depth of the wiki article will depend on how quickly the ProxMox
firewall is going to be available. Why bother to go into detail about iptables if
it is going to be replaced?

The problem was caused by one of the following modprobe statements.

# core netfilter module
/sbin/modprobe ip_tables

# the stateful connection tracking module
/sbin/modprobe ip_conntrack

# The ftp nat module is required for non-PASV ftp support
/sbin/modprobe ip_nat_ftp

# the module for full ftp connection tracking
/sbin/modprobe ip_conntrack_ftp

# the module for full irc connection tracking
/sbin/modprobe ip_conntrack_irc

Thanks for your help and, of course, for ProxMox.

On Fri 05/22/09  1:26 AM , "Dietmar Maurer"  sent:

They can't spam you, if they can't find you.
Get the first REAL spam free email - http://mail.enterto.com/

His momma kicked him out.

You're right. Your boyfriend is a dog. Find a new pet here. Click below.

http://offer.enterto.com/309/