[PVE-User] feature request - automatically add all iSCSI targets which were discovered

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Sun Oct 25 15:17:53 CET 2009

> > But you get exactly the same features when you export one target with
> one lun (and use lvm on pve)?
> >
> > And it is quite easy to manage it that way.
>
> But such scenario assumes that you only use Proxmox for virtualization,
> and you only use virtualization.
>

> What if you also have VMware, or Xen? LVM is not cluster aware (at
> least not in standard setups).

I just say you can use one big lun for your pve installation. I don't see how
that is related to Xen or VMWare.

Besides, AFAIK both VMWare and XEN assumes a similar setup? Or can they effectively handle one target per guest?

> Or you just want to use single targets on bare-metal hardware?

Sorry, I do not understand what you mean?

> I just want to say that such approach (separate target per guest) is
> widely used. It not only lets you do the changes easily;
> also, it is clear what guest uses what /dev/sd* iSCSI disk on the
> Proxmox machine.

Well, I did not hear about that approach before, but I will keep that in mind.

- Dietmar