[PVE-User] openvz and java - Working?

Tony Zakula tony at zakula.com
Mon Aug 9 15:36:10 CEST 2010

I have worked quite a bit with different Java applications and Proxmox.
 While you can get things to work, I found it easier to just use KVM under
Proxmox for Java applications.  You may use a few more resources, but you
have more stability and more of a bare metal machine environment, especially
when the application experiences loads.  Java is just hard to work around
sometimes.  However, with Proxmox, everything works exactly the same just
about whether it is a container or KVM.  I initially tried everything with
the OpenVZ container, but soon grew tired of troubleshooting and tweaking
every application and just went the KVM route with Java apps.

My two cents,

Tony Z