[PVE-User] Problem while adding VM on a cluster's node (unable to parse value)

Maciej Paszta maciej.paszta at secpl.cs.put.poznan.pl
Wed Aug 11 07:56:38 CEST 2010

  Hi!

I've recently configured Proxmox environment with 4 cluster nodes. On
all of the but one I can create VM without any problems. However, when
I'm trying to create VM on one of the nodes (slave node) I keep getting
errros:
/usr/bin/ssh -t -t -n -o BatchMode=yes 192.168.200.4 /usr/sbin/qm create
118 --cdrom cdrom --name test --vlan0 'virtio=2E:14:BD:5B:E1:8E'
--virtio0 'local:5,format=raw' --bootdisk virtio0 --ostype other
--memory 512 --onboot no --sockets 1

unable to parse value for 'vlan0'
unable to parse value for 'virtio0'
Connection to 192.168.200.4 closed.
unable to apply VM settings -

No other node exposes the same behavior. If I try to run the very same
command either from master node (via ssh) or directly on the node, VM
machine is created. I've tried looking into the logs but I don't see
anything meaningful.

--
Maciej Paszta
Mobile Systems Research Labs, Poznan University of Technology