[PVE-User] cluster node issue after upgrade (1.3 -> 1.5)

Alain Péan alain.pean at lpp.polytechnique.fr
Tue Aug 17 15:57:19 CEST 2010

Hi Gwenn,

You said previously that you had an iscsi storage connected to the
nodes. Is it connected directly to all the nodes, and is open-iscsi
installed on all the nodes ?
# dpkg -l |grep open-iscsi
ii  open-iscsi                        2.0.870~rc3-0.4.1        High
performance, transport independent iSCS

I had previously such errors. One was due to the fact that one node was
not directly connected to the iscsci storage, so it could not share the
iscsi storage listed in teh web GUI (so synchronization errors and bad
thing for the whole behavior of the cluster).

Another issue I had is that open-iscsi is not installed by default when
you upgrade a node. You have to install the package yourself....
It is only installed on a fresh install...

Alain

Gwenn Gueguen a écrit :
>>> "ERROR: 500 Server closed connection without sending any data
>>> back"
>>>
>> Yes, because you removed the node. restarting the tunnel and mirror
>> daemon on all nodes should solve that issue.
>>

> Restarting tunnel and mirror daemons on all nodes did not solve the
> issue.
>

>>> Do I have to reinstall this node (it only contains one virtual
>>> machine so it should be easy) ?
>>>
>> It is hard to tell because I do not know what is wrong.  But it is
>> worth a try.
>>

> The node has been reinstalled from scratch but the master stills
> reports ERROR 500 for one node.
>
> "pveca -l" reports an error only when executed from the master. On all
> other nodes it's OK. So it looks like the error comes from the master
> and not from the nodes.
>
> It still don't understand what is happening.
>
> I'm wondering if using "pveca -m" to promote a node as the new master
> could solve this. Or is it better to follow these instructions:
> http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Proxmox_VE_Cluster#Delete_and_recreate_a_cluster_configuration

Alain Péan - LPP/CNRS
Administrateur Système/Réseau
Laboratoire de Physique des Plasmas - UMR 7648
Observatoire de Saint-Maur
4, av de Neptune, Bat. A
94100 Saint-Maur des Fossés
Tel : 01-45-11-42-39 - Fax : 01-48-89-44-33