[PVE-User] Networking, external IP and KVM guest help request

Matthew Edmondson suitable.name at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 6 15:12:22 CET 2010

Daniel

Once again many thanks for the help. : )

> I would suggest you work through and identify which component is not
> working: check the NIC shows inside the container, and is configured
> correctly.  Send some traffic over it and check that it reaches the
> pair device in the "hardware" node, and then the bridge.

great.

my issue seems to be with routing a veth NIC in OpenVZ or KVM.  Debian
(netinst) wont install inside the KVM because it cannot get to the
mirrors. i am not sure i can get to the console in the Debian
installer.

What do people do to solve this? use a ready made Debian KVM image?
Install the complete Debian iso (not netinst) or would it help to run a
temporary DHCP server?

I am going to try with the full iso, and see if that works, but I was
hoping for a nice minimal install netinst and would be suprised if that
didnt work and would love to figure out what i am doing wrong.

venet works fine, but is not really want I want.

kind regards

Matthew