[PVE-User] Update/Alternative NetXen Firmware in pve-firmware

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Wed Dec 15 12:12:52 CET 2010

> Ok, Ameen Rahman from QLogic kindly pushed an updated firmware to the
> git firmware repo:
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/dwmw2/linux-
> firmware.git;a=commit;h=f7ed8d17cb6c3b25a178890342db970cab2790cd

Many thanks for the notification. I just uploaded a new firmware package to the
pvetest repository.

> Will you also update the firmware-package for Proxmox 1.6? We can't
> upgrade just now and would be happy to be able to use the "vanilla"
> proxmox firmware package.

No, we do not update old releases. But you can simply install/test the new
firmware package:

# wget ftp://download.proxmox.com/debian/dists/lenny/pvetest/binary-amd64/pve-firmware_1.0-10_all.deb
# dpkg	 -i pve-firmware_1.0-10_all.deb

Does it work?