[PVE-User] Incremental vzdump

Martin Maurer martin at proxmox.com
Wed Mar 3 13:38:18 CET 2010

You are on the right list (there is only one in the moment).

We do not think that Proxmox VE (vzdump) should be a full backup solutions, there are already a lot of them around with millions of features. The project will focus on the core (Virtualization & Management). If you keep the container small, vzdump works quite well - use bind mounts to include the big data parts.

Just think of Bacula and also other open source solution - vzdump can never cover all this. I would use a combination of a backup and vzdump, you already went this way.

But yes, we accept patches and enhancements for vzdump, I suggest you post in detail what you plan here (before you start implementing)  and you can post patches or if needed, you can get access to svn also.

Thanks,
Br, Martin