[PVE-User] problem with BOND BRIDGE

Justa Guy pve_user at proinbox.com
Sun Nov 14 02:00:40 CET 2010

Hi Manuel,

Welcome.

I'm not sure if I can help without knowing more about your setup, but
I'll try.

Did you make your configuration from the web interface or directly in
the config file?

Network configuration can be done either way in /etc/network/interfaces,
or from the web interface.

I use both to save on typing.

On mine I have 2 NIC ports bonded as 1, and a bridge attached to that
for the VMs to access it.
Sometimes I see people applying an IP address to a bridge, and from what
I understand, Proxmox prefers a bridge to have the IP.

This is the working bond configuration on mine, from file
/etc/network/interfaces:

iface eth7 inet manual

iface eth8 inet manual

auto bond0
iface bond0 inet manual
	slaves eth7 eth8
	bond_miimon 100
	bond_mode balance-rr

auto vmbr3
iface vmbr3 inet static
	address  10.15.90.10
	netmask  255.255.255.0
	gateway  10.15.30.3
	broadcast  10.15.90.255
	bridge_ports bond0
	bridge_stp off
	bridge_fd 0
	network  10.15.90.0
	dns-nameservers  10.15.30.3
	dns-search  san.sss.local
	pre-up ifconfig eth7 mtu 16110
	pre-up ifconfig eth8 mtu 16110
	pre-up ifconfig bond0 mtu 16110

The entries after "bridge_fd 0" are extra and might not be present on
yours.

Is yours similar? Does this example help it to make sense?

Regards,

-C