[PVE-User] Is it possible to assign both eth0 and eth1 or vmbr0 and vmbr1 to a VM?

Bruce B bruceb444 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 20:00:54 CET 2010

Hi Everyone,

I have a Cisco switch that is set in vLAN mode. The server that is connected
to the switch also has two NIC cards (eth0 and eth1). Currently vmbr0 is
bridged with eth0 and vmbr1 is bridged with eth1. Each of the eth0 and eth1
are connected to different vLAN of the cisco switch so
they effectively pickup a different subnet IP address. 192.168.0.0/24 and
192.168.5.0/24.

I have all of my VMs and KVMs using vmbr0 but as a back and as a secondary
internal system I want to use vmbr1 (eth1) on a VM simultaneously with
vmbr0. Is that possible? I have searched through the GUI but I only see a
drop down menu for vmbr0 or vmbr1 so there is no option to add both.

I still want to use vmbr0 for public traffic in and out but vmbr1 will serve
my private network needs.

I appreciate some input on this. I am new to Proxmox; please detail your
answer a bit.

Thanks